TBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including company-paid medical and dental insurance and 401(k) matching.
Cyber Security Engineer
This position requires extensive experience in system and application security. Successful candidate should be well versed in Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes, advanced cyber security tools and methods, and implementing security controls and solutions. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team is required.
The work to be performed will primarily be done within the Stafford, VA area. Limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
- install, maintain, and utilize cyber security tools such as Nessus and Splunk
- write test plans, audit security controls, conduct self-check reviews, and provide technical direction and assistance with corrective or mitigation solution implementation
- perform continuous monitoring tasks in compliance with minimum required intervals, review and analyze logs, audits and, alerts, investigate anomalies and suspicious activity reports, and document and report findings in a timely manner
- perform compliance scanning and generating reports (STIG, SCAP and Vulnerability), validate findings generated by internal and external customers prior to integration, and support and guide the accreditation process for multiple networks
- serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and guide others through the RMF process
A Bachelor’s degree in IT, IA or Cyber Security is required, however current/past work experience may be substituted for technical a degree. Prior experience in system lifecycle and accreditation using RMF, ICD 503, Xacta and/or eMASS is necessary. Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Candidate must be compliant with DoD 8570 certification (CEH or CISSP, etc.). Prior System Administration experience on Windows, Linux and Cisco is desired and knowledge of HBSS, ACAS, EVSS, Nessus and ePO is a plus.
Candidates must be US citizens with an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.