This position requires a flexible individual with experience in Linux system administration throughout the project lifecycle. Candidate provides backend server as well as end-user support including upgrades, system refresh, automated patch and update deployment, continuous monitoring using best practices and cyber security tools. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team is required. The work to be performed will primarily be done within the Stafford, VA area. Limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
• Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements in a timely manner.
• Install and maintain Linux systems in production environments.
• Linux system administration including backup, security management, bash scripting, user account management.
• Hardening OS and applications to required configurations (e.g. DISA STIGs).
• Compliance/Vulnerability Monitoring with HBSS and ACAS.
• Network troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Networking, or Engineering is required. Current/past work experience can substituted for technical degree.
• 1-3+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
• Enterprise Linux Distributions (RHEL, CENTOS) 6 and/or 7 experience.
• Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Will be required to be compliant with DoD 8570 (Security+, CISSP, etc.) in a given period of time, post employment.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with change request and work tracking software (e.g., Atlassian’s Jira).
• Software configuration management using GIT & continuous integration products (such as Atlassian Stash and Bamboo).
• Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Must be a US Citizen.
• A TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph will be required.
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.